Fees, admissions and sessions
- We welcome into our school children aged between two and five years, without any restrictions because of race, gender, religion or disability.
- A child’s name will be entered on the waiting list when a completed registration form has been received, together with a non-refundable registration fee of £50 (for all non-funded children, i.e. before third birthday), which is subsequently deducted from the first term’s fees.
- Places will be offered on a first-come first-served basis with priority given to those wishing five morning sessions and, in certain cases, siblings.
- Once the registration form is received, we will confirm your child’s start date and settling-in times.
- We are open for 34 weeks of the year, each term having a one-week mid-term break, except for the Autumn Term which has a two-week mid-term break, as this has been found to be beneficial for the children in what is a busy term for them.
- A list of term dates is given to each family before commencement.
- Morning sessions: Monday to Friday 9.15 am to 12.15 pm;
Full day: Wednesday to Friday 9.15 am to 2.45 pm
(Please note that full day sessions are only for the older children when we and the parents feel that the child is ready for the longer day)
|Day||Morning session||Afternoon session|
|Mon||9.15 am to 12.15 pm|
|Tue||9.15 am to 12.15 pm||12.15 pm to 2.45 pm *|
|Wed||9.15 am to 12.15 pm|
|Thu||9.15 am to 12.15 pm
Forest School session
|Fri||9.15 am to 12.15 pm||12.15 pm to 2.45 pm *|
*When ready, children may stay for the afternoon session on Wednesday or Friday or both; known as ‘lunch club’, these extended sessions provide an opportunity for the older children to bond as a group and to engage in specific activities relevant to their stage of learning.
Children bring their own packed lunch to these sessions.
How many sessions?
Parents often ask my advice on how many sessions the children should attend. I would always recommend that, in order to get the optimum benefits, they should attend as many sessions as possible. The continuity helps them to settle and to remember the activities they have been shown and to make friends.
All fees are payable termly in advance, on or before the first day of each term.
Hourly rate is £10.00
Session rate is £30.00
- Government funding is available for all children from the term after their third birthday, for up to fifteen hours per week. Funded places can be taken over any morning from Monday to Friday.
- We advise a minimum of three mornings in order to allow the children to settle in, make friends and progress in the setting.
- Please note that all places are subject to various factors, including numbers of staff, having regard to the statutory staff-to-child ratios.
- The Government Funding, alone, is not enough to cover our costs (rent, staff wages, insurance, resources, etc), so we rely on the goodwill of parents to make a voluntary contribution for each funded hour that the child attends. This will then allow us to continue to offer the Funding, thereby reducing the net fees that parents have to pay.
- Any additional sessions are charged at the non-funded rate.
- Workplace Childcare Vouchers are accepted. Please ask for further details.